26 December 2007

christmas' eve


One step through the doors and I was in another world
Just candle lights and the voice of three Byzantine monks
singing in accords with deep voices.
I found a place where to sit and I closed my eyes
and the time went back to what we think
the 18th century was in a church in Russia.

It was Christmas’ Eve and the midnight mass.
People waiting, whispering—hardly noticing
the beautiful Gregorian’s chants.
I think that they didn’t know that priest had change the
program and this year wouldn’t become as the year before.
Then, half eleven pm the bells started ringing and the mass began.
The lectures combined with psalms sang by a choir
that enhanced the feeling of togetherness.
I thought of the people I love who weren’t there
sharing with me this moment and the ones that weren’t there
because they had chosen to put an invisible wall of betray between us.
I didn’t feel sorry for me,
I have probably built this life by my self
but never the less, I felt lonely.

No comments: