1 January 2008

the first day of 2008


You can’t keep this going
You have to let it go…

That’s what I thought when your
text-message came soon after the midnight
and when the new year was already here
Not only you, but also everything that
had happened after you changed our lives
I asked my self, what it is this what I have to let go?

I did change things the last months
I did leave everything that I couldn't keep
in order to be my self again
And just my self—In order to
start a new year without
any hope or promises

What I have been doing the last time
is to let my history goes
To let go my feelings for people I once used to love
Or that I still love but,
that I have trite the traces
they left behind as much as I could

First the colors, then everything physical
and at last, the pictures
Why keeping things when you won’t be able
to take them with you when you leave,
said mother
And she was right

I came to my friend's house
(on the picture above)
to celebrate the New Year
that would in some hours be here,
to be with my friends
to say good-bye ...
and let it go

No comments: