9 January 2008

much ado about nothing...


I went once to downtown before Christmas
I wouldn't do any Christmas' shopping
so i walked around like in a bubble, but I saw
and felt the stress of the people trying
to get things for people they knew and probably,
to many, that they not even feel like given a present to,
but, don't you always do things not because you feel like it
but because life is compromising all the time?
The rush for catching an idea or a moment that
supposed to be like an image on a card:
The image of happiness?
I went the day before yesterday back to down town
and the people I saw, had a different pace,
a different expression on theirs faces
and the shop-windows are now almost empty,
only one thing remains: the word SALE
in different languages of course,
after all we are in Europe.

No comments: